I learned about Castor Oil about a year ago. I saw so many women on the hair boards and websites with such positive results from applying it on their scalp and using it in their weekly deep conditioners. Improvement in length, thickness, & health???
HONEYYYY, I just had to get myself some.
So I ordered my lovely unrefined Jamaican Black Castor Oil from beauty of new york. Only because it was cheap & it’s not easy to get in Cali.
Benefits of Castor Oil
- Castor oil contains Omega-9 fatty acids which help moisturize the hair and the scalp preventing both from becoming dry.
- Does castor oil help hair grow? It sure does. Regularly applying castor oil to your scalp and roots to eliminate dry hair and promote regrowth of hair within months. It will also help to thicken hair that is thinning out.
- Helps reduce and prevent damage. Also can hide the appearance of damage while trying to improve your hair’s health leading to thicker, fuller hair over time.
- You can also experiment with adding some castor oil to your conditioners for a deep conditioning treatment. You’ll have to experiment with the amount of castor oil to use to avoid greasy hair. I would start off with a small amount like a teaspoon or less.
- Castor oil is versatile in that you can mix it with other oils to still receive the benefits but avoid the super-thick consistency. Try mixing it with Sweet Almond Oil to make it a lighter oil that is much easier to spread and gives it a nice scent.
- You can also experiment with castor oil for hair on your ends. This rich, thick oil will help your ends becomes shiny and hide the appearance of frizzy, damaged, and split ends. Over time, as you trim damage away, you’ll notice your hair won’t develop split ends as easily. Since it is so thick, you may want to mix it first.
If those reasons above aren’t convincing you, then I don’t know what can.
I definitely give credit to JBCO for my hair growth over the past year.
I apply it to a clean scalp every time I co-wash/deep condition.
It will ALWAYS be one of my favorite oils to use.
Maybe it’ll be yours too.
Thanks for reading guys🙂
– Santana Maria
*DISCLAIMER-This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If you have any questions please contact the owner.*